Punjab International Public School is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and English is the medium of instruction.
The Academic year at Punjab International Public School consists of two terms:
- Spring Term from February to July, and
- Autumn Term from October to February.
- Summer vacation : Mid May to Mid July Two Months (Approx)
- Winter Vacation: Late December to Mid January – Three Weeks (Approx)
Some basic features:
- Rather than following the system of streaming the students according to their performance, they are randomly divided into sections.
- PIPS World School follows a five and a half day week consisting of 40 periods of 40 minutes each.
- The overall student/teacher ratio is 10:1, and the average strength of a class is around 30 students. Sometimes we have as few as 4-5 students, in some subjects.
- The teachers are assigned classrooms, while the students walk to their respective subject rooms at the end of each period.
- The five minute break between the first and second bell refreshes their minds, stretches their limbs and gives them an opportunity to reflect on what has been taught or just chat with friends en route.
- Yoga, Music, Art, Carpentry, Design and Technology are compulsory subjects and are conducted for two periods a week. Our well-equipped school library subscribes to a variety of newspapers and magazines and also has computers with internet connections. Being informed on current affairs is a vital link to the outside world. The Library provides two daily English newspapers so that that link is sustained.